Post Partum Depression?

Have you suffered or are you suffering from Post Partum Depression?

I just wanted to offer to be here for anyone who is going through this. I grew up in a house where I was taught that Depression was in your head and not something real. It caused me a lot of issues. I have suffered from Depression for years and after each baby PPD takes over for a while. Luckily I have learned some great things to help with Depression and PPD. I would love to share that with any of you who need a friend or anyone to understand.

Some of the best treatments are....first to realize it is real and get treatment. Medicine can be a life saver. There are also breathing techniques and writing techniques that I have been taught that help tremendously.

Please don't feel like you are alone or that something is wrong with you. It is okay. :-)

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 12:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had severe ppd with my first baby. now im pregnant with number 2 and the doc wants to put me on anti depressants two weeks before my due date. Im considering it because the depression was so horrible the first time and i dont want to takethe chances.
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 8:42 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Never had it
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Not me
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 4:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2010