Depression

Have you suffered from Depression?

I just wanted to offer to be here for anyone who is going through this. I grew up in a house where I was taught that Depression was in your head and not something real. It caused me a lot of issues. I have suffered from Depression for years and after each baby PPD takes over for a while. Luckily I have learned some great things to help with Depression and PPD. I would love to share that with any of you who need a friend or anyone to understand.

Some of the best treatments are....first to realize it is real and get treatment. Medicine can be a life saver. There are also breathing techniques and writing techniques that I have been taught that help tremendously.

Please don't feel like you are alone or that something is wrong with you. It is okay. :-)

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 12:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

• That's really nice of you
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:23 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My parents had that same mentality in regards to depression. I dealt with a lot of depression as a teen, after getting married and out of my parents house it did get better. I took a huge dive after my very bad birth experience with my second son, but it improved by the time he was 6 months old. I've been doing a lot better since then, although I do have my days even now.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I use to but not so much anymore.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 12:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have a lot of issues with depression. It has kinda moved over to me being angry and very short tempered. I would love some ideas on how to stay calm and not get so angry or frustrated so quick.
    bunnywzrd

Answer by bunnywzrd at 12:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2010