Homemade Cleaning Products?

Do you make Homemade cleaning products?

I make my own laundry soap and I love it. I am now looking to make my own fabric softener, hand santiizer and cleaning products. It can save so much money and is so much healthier. I thought some of you may have some recipes that you would like to share.

Thanks!

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 12:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• For fabric softener, try just plain old white vinegar. Put it in a Downey Ball and toss in the washer with your clothes. It has the added bonus of removing any detergent residue from your clothes & washer, too.

For general cleaning,get a jug of white vinegar & about 3 lemons. Cut up the lemons & add them to the jug of white vinegar, then stick it in a cool, dark closet for about a month or so. Get a clean, empty spray bottle & pour in a 50/50 mix of the vinegar solution & water. I use this to clean pretty much everything. If you need extra scrubbing power, like for tile, sprinkle some baking soda first, then spray with the vinegar cleaner & scrub as usual.

For extra odor control in the wash, add a 1/2 to 1 cup of baking soda to your wash water w/your regular detergent & clothes, then pause it to allow clothes to soak for an hour. When the hour's up, let the washer finish.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:06 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We use lemon juice to clean counters, stove, etc. It's a de-greaser and sanitizer. We use We also use vinegar and lemon to deodorize the dishwasher and drains.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2010