Does anyone have a child that has eczema?

If so, what do you do for it? My son is 9 months old and has severe eczema.

Asked by Mommy2HAZE at 11:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• My son had it all over, My doctor prescribed cream for it, also cold packs help alot!! Talk to your doctor about it first!!

Answer by mykidsmylife06 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yes, I used cetaphil to wash and only washed every 2-3 days. aveeno baby lotion 3 times a day till it cleared up than immediately after baths. Hydrocortisone on the stubborn spots. 100% cotton clothes, a humidifier in her room, and a water filter for her to bath in made a huge difference.(I bought one at Lowes for $25-it is for the shower so I fill the tub up with that) Of course you want to look at diet as well, yogurt helps my daughter. I think that is everything LOL

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My son typically gets a horrible outbreak on his buttocks when he wears any underwear that has the screenprint characters on them. For a long time he would get the breakouts and I couldn't figure out what it was. Eventually I realized it was the screenprint causing the worst of his outbreaks. He doesn't wear those type underwear anymore and surprisingly it's resulted in him not having outbreaks there anymore.

I found that Eucerin Calming Creme is the best for my son in dealing with his outbreaks. We've tried almost everything else, including several prescription lotions and creams and nothing works as well as the Eucerin Calming Creme for us.

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My son had eczema at birth..the doctor gave him a script. I wish i could remember the name. your doc will know. It worked like a charm and good news...most kids out grow the condition by the time that they are 2 years old. Mine did..thank god. good luck

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:15 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• yes my son has it bad. i use eczema baby wash..and i put ltion on it and sometimes use cortizone. it seems to work pretty well with my son!

Answer by rissa_mommyof2 at 1:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Your son needs a probiotic for his gut. Please go to a healths store or visit me at It will go away. He has to get healthy on the inside first. Stop feeding him sugar & dairy for a little while to see if that helps also. He needs vitamins especaially a probiotic!!

Answer by teamhalsey at 11:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Well first change your soap(s) Dove white is good for the body. Use Dreft or anything dye free for laundry. Try to use 100% cotton clothing for him. Baby Naturals has an excellent lotion specifically for Eczema. You should be able to find it anywhere it's a green tube with Pooh bear on it now. if you go for a script Triaminoclone works great.good luck!!

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• The doctors recommend Eucerin, but I know of a product that is many times better than that and not greasy. PM me for more information.

Answer by MentorByDesign at 4:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2008