Bedtime Stories?

What are your Favorite Books to read to your Children?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 12:38 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well right now we alternate between Good Night Moon (classic) last x-mas his aunt n uncle gave him a book called "Pajama Time"! I have many others in store but for now, those two are the perfect length for his age at bed-time. I have tried some longer stories but he just does not have the attention span yet to sit for them. But he sure loves crawling into bed and snuggling up between us before bed every night, and we read the book to him every night before he goes to bed at night TOGETHER. I have been reading to him every night since he was around 5 months but his dad just recently became involved and makes a point to be there so we can read to him together!! I love it!! my fave part of every day!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• As a nanny expecting my first child, the children always choose their favorite. Even when it's not bedtime, they love to hear the story of the 3 bears. I always tell it with a little more oomph here and there in the story. The 5 year old I take care of LOVES it.

When I was a kid myself, Dr Seuss books were absolutely my favorite!
    creativityrules

Answer by creativityrules at 12:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I read Good Night Moon, Dr. Seuss and The Bearnstein Bears to my neices
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 1:28 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Pajama time by Sandra Boynton, and Time for bed Sleepyheads (can't remember the author) i also love reading One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr.Seuss cause the last page says "And now goodnight the day is done, tomorrow is another one. From here to there from there to here funny things are Everywhere!" (or something like that :P) its a little long though so we don't always read the whole thing, i like to skip pages here and there, i have mostly the whole thing memorized so don't even need the book really :D
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am getting ready to have a new baby so we are adding to our books again.

The favorites I have had for my other children are

Good Night Moon, I'll like you forever-I'll love you for always- as long as I'm living my baby you'll be, Is your Mama a Llama, and a few others.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The little soul and the sun
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 12:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My daughter loves. Little Donkey Close Your Eyes.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:34 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• my kids love Jump Start gang an Dr. Suess
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 3:12 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My won loves Thomas stories
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• lol At the moment my dd likes me to read cooking recipies to her. It's a chilrden cook book, I figure she likes the pictures.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 7:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2010