Anyone who has/owns Teacup Chihuahuas or regular ones.

I have a year old teacup Chihuahua that I absolutly LOVE. She is my baby, but a few months ago and back in January....she was acting all fine and everything, then when I sat next to her while she was under her blanket...she seemed lethargic, was drooling, wouldn't even move and had her tongue sticking out....if freaked me out. What could that have been? She hasn't done it for a long while now but what happened to her, if you know? Thanks!

stayhomemom22

Asked by stayhomemom22 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pets

• I have a chihuahua- not too sure what happened but did you talk to the vet about it. She could have had a seizure and you didn't realize it. If it happens again I would take her right to the dr.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• No, I haven't taken her yet. She is going in soon to be checked though. Why would she have a seizure? Do all chihuahua's have them? Would commotion, noise or her being separated from me for a small period of time cause it you think? I know chihuahuas are nervous dogs and mine doesn't like small children, I think that's because she is around teens and adults but goes crazy on small kids. I'm training her and doing the right things, but if she does have another seizure...what are you supposed to do until you can get her to the vet?
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• WELL I HAVE TWO CHIHUAHUA'S NEVER HAD THAT BEFORE ? GO TO YOUR VET ! I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT A TEA CUP CHI HAVE MANY PROBLEM'S THAT THERE JUST SO SMALL ! I HOPE YOUR BABY IS OK !!
    sweetchrissy

Answer by sweetchrissy at 5:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I had a chihuahua about 2 years ago and it did that when it's sugar was low. I had to give him a little bit of sugar and then he was fine. Talk to the vet though because they can give you some stuff in a tube that will help.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• my chihuahua is my baby too he cant be away from me for very long without getting upset. he gets suddenly frightened for no reason and starts yelping but i've never seen him do anything like that. he is nervous a lot, shakes for no reason, but if he was acting like that i would take him to the vet.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have a teacup chi and my first thought is that she make have eaten or gotten into something that she had a bad reaction to?
    Mine did that when I was in the hospital but that was because she refused to eat, drink or leave my bed (even to urinate) until I came home.
    daydreaminmom

Answer by daydreaminmom at 3:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Well, I am for sure going to bring it up when I take her in....but it was so scary to see her not acting like her playful self. Seemed like after I gave her some water, she came out of it. I was never away from her for long periods just to the store and stuff. I also learned to that when I come home into the door not to pay attention to her right away because if we do, she starts this like wheezing or snorting thing, I've been told it's either a backward sneeze and it's a sign of over stimuli and she gets to excited...she does it all the time. If I were to go in right now and start loving on her all excitedly she would do that. I'll have to put a picture of her up..because she is SO CUTE!!!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2008