how do i let guest for my wedding know that they cant be bringing friends n family,pple i dnt even know or talk too?

So i have an aquaintance shes my bff bff, we do hang out at times , now her brother got married last year n i wasnt invited nor my sis,not that we cared but my bff was, this summer my sis got married n invited her, well she ended up taking like 8 pple , her brother his wife her mom n dad n some other couple n her hubby, i think because of the open bar they were all getting drunk, , so for my wedding sorry if u r not on the list u are not coming in, w/my aquaintance she will more likely bring them w/her, what do i tell her w/out being catty, im not trying to be mean but im also throwing this wedding on a budget id like to enjoy it only w/pple that love me n hubby not free loaders

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Entertainment

• When you are talking about the wedding mention that you limited to your guest list to 75, or whatever number you picked, and that you felt really bad because you couldn't invite everyone you wanted to, but that's what you could afford, and you hope no one is offended. If you do formal invitations Put her name on the envelope, and instead of putting and guest, put One Guest (unless she is married then put her husband's name.

I can't imagine being so rude as to bring uninvited guests to someone's wedding!!
    Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Woah she took 8 UNINVITED guests to a wedding???? NOT COOL!!! I don't blame you- invited guest only entry.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Maybe print on the invitation Private Ceremony...(only two to an invite)....
    i know what you mean...i have already told ppl that we are having a private wedding...i kindly let ppl know that we wont b able to accommodate any extra guests ( meaning food, seating, etc)...
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 12:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• put it specifically on the invitation. free loader plus 1 (ok well use the real name but you get what i mean i hope lol). if your going to be nice enough to invite this girl, allow her a date. but mark it clearly on the invite that one person is all she is allowed to bring. and yes you should be sure to have security at your wedding if you are on a budget and worried about that happening. it'll be worth the added expense and i'm sure you can find someone cheap on craigslist to stay in your budget.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 12:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You should be very clear on the invitations that only SHE or SHE and ONE guest are invited. You can say, "seating is limited, so please RSVP for no more than 1 (or 2)" Or you can even put on the invitation that she can check (a checkbox) for either 1 or 2.

If this is after you have already sent the invitations out. I would just say, "Hey Jane - you know I have a limited amount of space & funds for my wedding, right? So I can only afford to have you come, but no other uninvited guests."
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• LMAO...corabeth...you got me over her in tears (Freeloader plus 1) i'm loving it :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 12:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I can't believe how tacky people are... bringing 8 people to a wedding is so rude.
    Most people will only bring one guest.
    We had a seated meal and were limited to an exact number of guests. We had to tell a few people that "sorry you can't bring your mom" and politely explain the space limitation.
    Include an RSVP card in your invitation or meal selection.... so you can see the #s people are planning to bring.
    For this person I think you should specifically call. To not offend her I would say "are you bringing a guest to the wedding?....great, could you please let me know the guests name bc I would like to put the name on the favor." Then you can let her know that you are limited on space and food so you are keeping the guest list down.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2010