Will you provide sexual education to your daughter? adult content

I had part of all kinds of sexual experiences before meeting my husband, started "early" at 16 (I guess that is not considered early nowadays) and slept with guys I was in love with but also with a few one-time only characters. At age 19 I met my husband and he gave me everything I didn't have before, like the orgasm and the passionate love-making and all that is supposed to be.
Considering what I went through, I think I would have benefited from having a conversation with an adult, not only about condoms and STDs (because that's what they usually talk about) but also on the psychological part of it.
Will you be interested in making sure that your daughter knows "everything" there is to know about sex? Or will you be embarrassed talking to her about these things and will ask someone else to do it? Or you think she should figure it out on her own?
Knowing that she could miss out on these, I am not taking any chance. We'll talk.

glenndoir

Asked by glenndoir at 12:53 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• You better believe I will!!! She is my responsibility, it's my job to tell her everything I can so she can make informed choices.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i think i should tell her about it. but not in certeain detail...... when i was younger i kept a journal for the specific reaosn that when i had kids and they told me mom you dont understand.... i could pull out the journal go to the pg and they can learn form what i went through... i think if i fee she needs to know somehting ill tell. teach her.. but ill be an open book. if shes asks ill answer.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• But she will never ask you about orgasm. How will you make sure that she has that in her life? I feel that every woman that doesn't have orgasm (because of the man she is with) is being used.
    glenndoir

Comment by glenndoir (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Of course I'm going to provide her sex education and I will tell her the truth about it. I will be straight with her and tell her what happens when they don't use protection, STD's, pregnancy, all that junk. I'm not gonna sit there and tell her to wait because she should make that decision for herself, and I'm not going to freak out if she does have sex at a young age(unless she's under 15). I'll just make sure she's being smart about it.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:12 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I will with my son, I don't have a girl
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:42 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I will certainly talk to her about, because I know what it's like when parents DON'T. What it's like when the word "sex"is never ever spoken in a house and you have to find out all by yourself. Even that you've been sick for years without knowing, just because you thought it's normal. Nobody told me otherwise and I wasn't asking.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 7:01 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• "But she will never ask you about orgasm. How will you make sure that she has that in her life?"

I dont' have to give her all the gory details myself exactly.. I can talk about some of it with her, I can give her books, DVD's that explain it ALL, etc. I can still give her the tools she needs to be informed without it being "weird". I don't expect her to ask certain questions, but I will give her the info one way or another. It won't be taboo subject between us... I will tell her or direct her to the info. What she does with that I can't control, but I will know I have done my part!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:21 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• She and I will definitely talk when it's time to do so. I'll give her the general birds and the bees talk around age 8 (God i hope she doesn't ask before then!) and at 12 i plan to tell her all about it. 12 is the average age anymore when girls get their periods, and about that time is a good time to give them the thorough sex talk.
    Wrtngfantasymom

Answer by Wrtngfantasymom at 9:25 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I will absolutely educate her in every way possible. I will never tell her don't do it because you are young, but I will (from experience) tell her the psycological ramifications of starting too early. I want her to be informed so that she is safe and careful. I go through so much Sexual health training as a Pure Romance Consultant that I figure I'd be the best one to educate her anyway!
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I will be teaching my children sex ed, not the public school systems. That is my job as a mother. I even found a book on amazon about talking to your kids about sex and the different age groups and what to explain when. Good stuff to help a mom talk to her kids about the tough stuff (or a dad for that matter).
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010