Why do people so often ACT as if they have no choice in the life they live?

FACT is that all of us always have a choice in every single action we perform every single day of our lives!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• People act like they have no choices in life because they are not willing to accept the consquences of their actions.
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 2:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Because some people either cant or wont take responsibility for their actions. Its easier to blame it on someone else.
    jdlane1901

Answer by jdlane1901 at 1:02 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Because life isn't so easy that people can just give up something and go on to something else. Not here in the real world it isn't. It takes work to get from one shitty life to the next. heh
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:19 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Good question I would like to know, I dont understand that myself. Life is what you make it.
    MOMMY_TO_TWO

Answer by MOMMY_TO_TWO at 1:23 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Oh, I have had this discussion SOOOOO many times with my MIL. She plays the victim quite well and when she would complain to me about where she lived or the job she had or whatever the complaint of the day was, I would always answer back that these were things she had control over and that they were within her power to change. Her response is always "it's too much work" so there you have it. I don't know about the rest of you but if something is important to me, I make it happen. When she complains that she's unhappy, I tell her that she chooses to be and the concept is totally lost on her. She chooses to remain the victim because it's easier to blame others or circumstances for her misery. No thanks.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• They don't act like it. They really believe it. Lack of education.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 1:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I guess sometimes we are faced with the overwhelming decision of what is the right choice to make in our lives
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Couldn't agree with you more. I really hate when people tell me that they are drug addicts or have an alcohol problem because their parents did. BULLSHIT. So did my parents...I took control of my life when I was 12 and came out very well. We all have strength inside of ourselves to better our lives.
    LovelyMother88

Answer by LovelyMother88 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Well, it's certainly an age old question. Many people truly believe that they have no control over the direction that their lives take. Those who are intelligent, have self-esteem, and faith that their actions have the potential to make a difference are the ones who act on the choice that we all have.
    Knit2Purl2

Answer by Knit2Purl2 at 1:22 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• @GinNTonic......no shit?!!!! of course it does! My point is that the decision is simple and also that the decision belongs to you and noone else. I have been trying to get this fact across to the moms on this site for some time now and it has always been met with anger and nastiness. When I came to the realization about 4 years ago (finally) to this FACT which seems so simple and inate, I just wanted to scream it from the roof tops. It is so empowering and wonderful and SOOOOO very simple!!!!
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Sep. 16, 2010