Intel Corp blames the Obama Administration. Do you?

Paul Otellini, who runs Intel, says that the main problem in the economy are the massive uncertainties introduced by the Obama administration are acting as a drag on investment.
http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/14/technology/intel_otellini_interview/index.htm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My SO is really into this political shit and tries to put me down because I have made the CHOICE to not care about it. It really does not matter, the time he spends choosing to care about this stupid shit could and should be much better spent!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Well sitting there blind doesn't make it any better only worse....

I don't doubt it O.P. Obama seems to throw out whatever sounds good without it having any actual real depth... He just wants to try and make Reps. and liberals look good... when in fact he is doing just the opposite...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Does Mr Otelini say what these massive uncertainties are ? The statement is meaningless unless he is more specific.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• what's the climate like there in your bubble, Truth? must be nice to be untouched by the quality of the economy, environment, education, the justice system, food safety issues, property law, the regulation of safety standards, foreign relations, etc.

regardless of your place on the political spectrum, none of the above is "stupid shit' to a thinking adult.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:49 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Ok, how do you take back an upvote from trying to scroll down the screen? Ugggg And of all the vacuum wastelands to have gotten the vote.

It really does not matter, the time he spends choosing to care about this stupid shit could and should be much better spent!!!

You truly are the perfect example of the problem.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• That is riidiculous. The unwinable war in Iraq drained our economy to the brink of collapse. President Obama did not enter us into that war.
    He inherited the economic collapse.
    violetz

Answer by violetz at 5:27 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• @violetz - but O's excessive spending his first several months didn't help the situation any, either! All of that spending and there are still too many unemployed today, our economy has not totally improved, and I've seen nothing else improved since. Do you spend money you don't have?
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:37 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Not fully no..but to a degree absofrigginlutely..he took a somewhat bad situation and made it MEGA worse..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I wonder if McCain would have done a better job? I seriously doubt it. We'd still see over spending and stimulus packages with the other side bitching constantly. Intel knows without jobs people do not spend. Spending halted when Bush was still in office. Obama is taking the brunt for the bad economy and the excuses by corps are lame at best. Try listening to Warren Buffett instead of bitter business reps.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes! I do agree! Why would you invest in something when you're not sure if your investment will pay off or if you'll still have a job to pay for your investments when you should have saved your money to keep a roof over your head and food on the table!

If you thought your job or your investments were in jeopardy...would you go on a spending spree or save your money?!

Uncertainty SLOWS the economy down. I have a feeling the uncertainty will BEGIN to subside after November 2nd, and particularly in January--IF Bush's tax cuts are extended. Right now, it's a game of wait and see.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010