so, its after midnight here in FL and my daughter woke up again as she does EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! I NEED HELP ASAP!!! ***update**

So basicly i tryed somethings to help my 22 month old sleep better... FAIL.
Last night she slept from 8pm till 6am, which was REALLY good for her. I kept her up through her morning nap and only let her nap from noon till 2pm today then i put her to bed at 8pm again... Well its 1am and shes up AGAIN!! Im going to try this again tomorrow with only one nap but im not going to get my hopes up.

My son has ADHD and takes.. Melatoin? (Not sure how to spell it) sleep aid at night, can i give it to my daughter also?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 1:20 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't give anything to your daughter without your pediatricians okay.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:22 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My DR told me to give DS chewable 1mg melatonin at 2 yrs.old. He said that since he would chew it he would get less than 1 mg and that was fine. You can get them at GNC 60 cherry chewables are $5.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Its an "all natural" sleep aid, not a sleeping pill to make her sleep longer, just better.
    I wouldnt give it to her still without asking her pedi ofcorse. Im extreamily tired but not dumb.
    Iv just completly run out of ideas. Even with NO nap shes still up allllll night!

could she be over tired?
    Is this something you would ask a dr about?
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 1:27 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Dmbutler, yea thats what my son gets (only he takes 3mg) he chews it also and is out in 15mins.
    And he sleeps all night!
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 1:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Have you ever just let her cry herself back to sleep? I know it's hard, but sometimes that is the only answer.
    jdlane1901

Answer by jdlane1901 at 1:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Try cutting the afternoon nap not morning. Just think she is up just 2pm (after nap) till what 8pm for bedtime? Not very long so sleeping for a short time is enough for her. But if she took her morning nap she'd be up from say 10am (after nap) till bedtime, she should be out like a light for a while.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 2:20 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Do you give her a bottle to help her sleep? But the other thing is you do need to leave her alone, let her cry her eyeballs out and fall asleep on her own accord.
    She still needs a nap, but maybe make it shorter.
    A warm bath with lavender in it helps my kiddo go to bed easier too. Good luck!
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 2:42 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• my 2&5 do the same thing..doc told us to break a benedryl tablet in half an give it to them..she say its safe..i do an so far i havent had problem>>gl
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• ask there docter
    Butterfly-20

Answer by Butterfly-20 at 3:20 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• is she teething? going through a growth spurt? what is she doing when she wakes up? i have a homeopathic remedy called calms forte for kids made by hyland's. i have used it for dd occasionally. i have also given it to my husband and taken it myself. it is safe for shildren ages 2 and up. i would NOT go with benadryl, unless it was for allergies. i can't believe a pedi actually recommended that! it isn't even supposed to be used in children under 4.

kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 6:27 AM on Sep. 16, 2010