Forced to accept?

Why is it that whenever someone is against homosexuality they are "wrong" and "bigots"?
We are being forced to just accept it into our lives regardless of our beliefs toward it.That is what is wrong. Why can't we force YOU to accept the fact we are against it? It's wrong because you don't agree? Are we not allowed to be voice our opinions without nastiness thrown at us??

I personally find two men having sex replusive, without any religious anything thrown into that!! I am a horrible person because of that??

My religion states that homosexuality is a sin, and I believe that. No I don't believe you "choose" to be gay, it is something you are born with but that doesn't make it okay.

Your thoughts??

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I think this country has always had an opinion on homosexuality and lesbianism , I t has never been accepted because it is wrong and against christian belief which is what this country was founded on, yes i do not think it should be forced on us or our children , that is the parents job to explain it at a proper age. And yes there are liberals , socialist that make it a point that we are evil for not accepting it , God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for it . and lets not forget the great flood, ( like in the days of Noah).

unfortunately , these days evil is called good, and good is called evil , it has been prophesied. sign of the times .
    people are not born this way , it is a combination of factors evil spirits and evil lust.

that why this country is falling because we choose evil instead of GOD.
    standing

Answer by standing at 4:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• As soon as someone tries to FORCE you to be gay, feel free to complain about it. In the meantime all your "belief" really is, is judging others who you don't even know and demanding they conform to the standards of your religion. Nobody has told you you have to marry a woman. Nobody has told you that you have to divorce your husband and find a girlfriend. What happens in someone else's relationship is none of your damn business, and you are not entitled to have an opinion about it one way or the other, any more than any random stranger you pass on the street is entitled to comment on whether or not they are comfortable with and approve of your own marriage.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

•   A penis was made to go into a vagina, not another man's behind...   The function of a penis is to urinate and ejaculate.  Where the owner of the aforementioned penis decides to ejaculate is none of your business.

You don't have to like homosexuality and you have every right to your opinion but you have no right to enforce those opinions.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We are being forced to just accept it into our lives regardless of our beliefs toward it.

forced how?

by other people being allowed to live thier own lives? so the only people who should be allowed to have sex are those of whom you approve? and YOU are the one having something forced on you?

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Ugh....listen you can be against it all you darn well want. It is when people those who are against homosexuality want to keep rights from other HUMANS. How hard is it for you to understand they are fellow human beings. The bottom line is they are treated like second class citizens and are sick of it. If people like yourself wants to continue to TELL them how wrong they are then you are darn skippy there will be people saying that is displaying bigoted tendancies. As long as it is an opinion....thats cool....just keep your opinion to yourself and out of others lives for goodness sakes.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• so they are supposed to change it, even though they are born that way? dont judge people, judge thee ye be judged.. live your own life and ignore it..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 1:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• .when hear the word gay, ALL you picture in your head is the sexual act itself

I'd say that alone says far more about the people doing the complaining than they realize. They spend more time thinking about gay sex than most gay people do.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:20 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't think anyone is being forced to accept homosexuality as right, just that other people have the right to live the way they want. If anything a lot of religious people try to force homosexuals to not be, because that is what they believe. That is wrong. No one says you have to think homosexuality is ok, just that you can't force that belief on an other by denying them the same basic rights.

Sparrow4

Answer by Sparrow4 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• *SIGH* Honestly juliansmommy....you are entitlted to your opinion. I don't think anyone has told you you can't have that opinion...well I know I haven't. What I honestly was trying to help you see that gay people are people just like you and me. Your comments about the sexual act itself speaks immaturity more than anything to me. And lack of interactions with anyone who happens to be gay. This is what saddens me the most. My sister is gay...she is my utmost best friend. She is my soul mate, I would be lost without her. SHe is my kids favorite auntie...an auntie who loves them like her own. Her partner is just as wonderful...and when you see them together you feel NOTHING but love and happiness when in the same room with them. They share a life, a house, bills, chores, movies, friends, bbq's, cooking, trips, time together...everything all of us do with our partners.
    They are love, just as you and your DH are love. CONT:
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I see this all the time from people who want to justify their ugly feelings toward gay people. ANd the first mistake you make is this....when hear the word gay, ALL you picture in your head is the sexual act itself. You dont go outside of that, and think about there lives beyond that. Just as you have a life beyond sex with your SO, which includes caring for one another. It includes being there to talk with your partner, share with partner, go shopping together, have dinner together, watch movies together, laugh togehter, cry together, go for walks together, tell each other you love the other....it's called sharing a life, NOT just a bed.
    Why can people who are "against" gay sex not see outside of the sex part? You want to state you don't like gay sex...go right ahead. But don't expect others to sit and nod their head in agreement when that statement is so shallow minded.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:47 AM on Sep. 16, 2010