how can i get more sleep?

I have a 14 month old son and I'm due in a week with my daughter. By the time I get my son to go to sleep, my daughter is wide awake and beating the crap out of me. I don't go to sleep untill 1 or 2 am the get back up around 8 when my son gets up. When he takes his nap I clean house because I can't seem to get it done when he's awake. I feel so run down and I just know its going to be worse soon once she arrives. Can anyone give me any tips on this please.

randi_marie

Asked by randi_marie at 1:49 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

• You can get more sleep by scheduling time in your day. Like for instant I have what I like to call me time, and the kids know not to bother me during this time.
    msbrewton

Answer by msbrewton at 1:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You poor thing. I remember those sleep-deprived days. First: you have to remember your rest is more important than a neat house. As long as things are clean, a little mess & a rested mom is better than a tidy house & a frazzled mom. Sometimes, if you can ID the main mess maker (for me it was meal prep and food-related stuff, & laundry), maybe you can streamline things to reduce the mess/clutter. 1-pot meals (especially the kind you can make a bunch of, serve one batch and freeze the rest for 2-3 meals to microwave on other days). Laundry, I just had to sort the clean stuff & leave piles on the guest bed for a few months. Not everyone has the luxury of a guestroom, but if there's somewhere you can stash those endless piles of baby clothes (w/out having to fold & hang & stack away) you can earn some time to nap with your toddler. Besides, napping w/ tots is soothing for both of you. Once the new baby arrives, it'll be 3 of U.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:10 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• OK so is there anyone who can watch your son for two hours at least twice a week? Or help with cleaning the house? If you have a crock pot they make crock pot meals, so let prep time and easy to cook, just add water! You need SLEEP!! So who cares about the house, if it doesnt get done it doesnt get done. But momma, you need your sleep!! Can you sleep sitting propped up? My son always would wake up in utero when I would lie down, but if I was propped up he would leave me be. Good luck and praying for you!!
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 2:22 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I found walking helped put my son to sleep while pregnant with him. Also a mild sleep aid might help. I found doing dishes would reapply do the trick as well calming the unborn lol.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2010