I am looking for some ladies that where raised in a messy home. How did this a ffect you as a homemaker?

four2bmws

Asked by four2bmws at 1:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It made me more meticulous in my everyday routines. And I do not accept my son leaving messes.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 1:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It made me strive for a clean, calm, relaxing sanctuary. I work hard everyday to maintain that.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:52 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• how did it afffect you when you where kids?
    four2bmws

Comment by four2bmws (original poster) at 1:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I was raised in a very clean home until my parents divorced. My father then married my stepmom who never picked up a mop,broom, rag etc. This bothered me very much so. When I was 8 I was asking if we could start doing chores to keep the house in order-nobody listened.
    Anyways, I'm very clean now. My house is always presentable.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have to make sure everything is cleaned up by the end of the day. When I'm done using something, I put it away. I would say I'm definitely a clean freak now.
    Annikakaley420

Answer by Annikakaley420 at 1:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I was raised in a clean, untidy home.

We were allowed to play with our toys in the living room, even if we played with them tomorrow where we left them yesterday.

It made me very relaxed about my house: I don't need my house to be pristine, and would rather have happy kids in a clean-enough home than avoid waxy buildup and have alphabetized spices.

I don't put things away when I'm 'done' with things, because very often I'm not. The fact that I'm going to be doesn't make the project or activity finished... I put things away when I need the space, or want to do something else in the room.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:10 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• OMG my mom used to clutter stuff around the table in the kitchen, Not a hoarder at all but little clutters in some places. I hate it. "If you don't need it, throw it out." My husband does it a little bit too and I tell him to clean it up.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 16, 2010