What do you say to your thirteen year old about sex ?

msbrewton

Asked by msbrewton at 2:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Its a beautiful thing with the right special person, and that they should wait for said person. And that is how babies are made so unless they are ready for that responsiblity ( out of the house on their own, job car and degree!) they should not engage in such things. However you also need to explain hormones. But not sure if you have a son or daughter. Really its up to you.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 2:35 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• dont even think about doin it or imma break my foot off in your a**
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:36 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It hurts really bad until your married then the pain isn't as bad.

My SS and I have had the talk and so has his father with him and we have told him that people(friends) will tell you how cool it is but when you find the right person and you have been with them for a while (few years) you will know when your ready and you will not be ready for a few years so when you 16-17 we will have another talk about it don't do everything your friend decide to do cause making a choice like having sex is a very special and wonderful thing when you have it with someone you care and love very much not the puppie love you have in life right now. My SS is very scared to have sex which is a wonderful thing for us but we also have an open relationship with him and he will come to one of us before he makes that kind of decicion.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:34 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Its an amazing thing between 2 people that love each other, but it hurts until you're married. So wait til you are married and the sex is great
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:41 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• teach them about respect, and that love and sex are different- you can't get love from having sex. If they have specific questions answer them honestly, and make it an ongoing thing, not just one conversation. Use music or tv as places to start! My daughter and I talk about pretty much everything- she comes to me with stuff all the time. I never lie and always listen to her when she wants to talk. We discuss how her friends are acting, what she thinks about it -and how I feel about it as well. Don't judge, and have realistic ideas of what kids are doing
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would get a really good book and read it yourself first, then bring up the key points with her and then give it to her to read and be open to any and all questions she has.

cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i'm always open to her about those things and told he it's hard to get pregnant..lol
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 11:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I explained to my 14 yr old daughter that it is something that she should think seriously about before partaking in because boys talk and most boys are "selfish" when it comes to sex but when the right one comes along he will care. Unfortunately she won't know that until its too late so I did just put her on bc for hormones and protection. I made sure she knew that she needs to be even more concerned with stds and that if a guy really cares he will use a condom even though she's on bc. I also told her not to make it "common knowledge" that she is on bc because then she will not know if a guy wants her for her or because she's "safe" and alot of people will say things like "she's easy" just because she is on bc. She said she wants to wait until married but attitude is changing daily. She asked dad for a promise ring which he said he'd get her but then didn't so I think it may have effected her.

martybobsgal

Answer by martybobsgal at 8:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Its not something you wanna take lightly.It can be the best thang ever or the worst that's why its best to wait till you are married to the person you know without a doubt you want to spend the rest of your life with. I would show pixs of ppl with diseases and let them watch AIDS videos to let them know once you start this can happen to you.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2010