How long should you exercise when starting out trying to loose weight ?

msbrewton

Asked by msbrewton at 2:36 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• The recomendation for anyone is at least 30 minuets of exercise a day. if that is too much start with what you can and work your way up to doing more and more. anything is better than nothing. i hope you do well in your journey.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Thanks
    msbrewton

Comment by msbrewton (original poster) at 2:42 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If you can't do a straight 30 minutes, try 10 minutes three times a day.....
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Do you have any goals set? Keep in mind its actually un healthy if you lose to much to fast and make sure you stretch after every work out no matter how many in 1 day.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 2:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Agree with the 30 minutes, but it should be a "tough" 30 minutes. So in the beginning if you are just walking for 30 minutes, that's totally fine--but when that starts to get easy, it's time to step it up a notch.
    MamaDee2003

Answer by MamaDee2003 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Thirty minutes when you first start out is a great starting point. Sometimes starting with 20 minutes is also recommended. As you get use to working you, you can up the time and/or the intensity of the exercises. You could even spread it out to where you exercise twice a day for 30 minutes each. (Again, work up to it.)
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• 30 mins is good to start out, but if you are already pretty active you may want to make it a little longer. I started out doing 30 mins and I elt nothing, no burning or fatigue from the exercises so I bumped it up an hour and I felt the burn after that lol. Now I do 2 hours a day, on top of my usual activities that keep me active from sun up to sun down.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Not all cardio's are the same so see what works for you to start with.  GL

Which Cardio Exercise Burns the Most Calories?

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If you're a beginner, 20 to 30 minutes at least 3 times a week. Don't expect miracles at first but you will build up your endurance and speed pretty quick if you stick with it. Search for free websites that offer training programs. Of course the more days you work, the better your results.
    lynneb4

Answer by lynneb4 at 1:13 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• 30-45 a day
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 2:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2010