how do you know?

how do you know if you have fallen out of love? how do you know if your relationship is ending? : (

Preggydyke

Asked by Preggydyke at 2:36 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I dont know if that is really something anyone on here can answer for you, because only you know your relationship and your feelings. it's ending though (based on my experiance) we don't even sleep in the same bed any more...when he starts to withdraw from you, your emotions, your needs and wants, and attention given to you. You'll know its over and have clouser when you can no longer be sad about the situation and move on with your head held high and knowing that youre doing the right thing.

but if you think this is something that can be solved try going to counseling, or reading some self help books like the love dare.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• There's no such thing.

There is falling out of respect. There's getting bored of the stability and looking around for drama. There's contempt and criticism and underlying anger. There's frustration at failing to turn the other person into yourself.

Love is a verb. It is what you do, how you approach someone and how you think about them and treat them. What they do about that has nothing at all to do with you. Feelings of loving arise from appreciation, respect, kind regard, positive thoughts, respect, generosity and acceptance.

Try thinking with love about the characteristics you admire in him. Avoid following the habitual 'yes, but he always' thoughts, because those are how you got here, and you are unhappy here, yes? Think about the kindness he has shared, his zest for life, his sense of humour, his reliability... See him as the whole person he is and find the best in him.

That's where love comes from.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think in a marriage there are so many ups & downs & real life happens, children, bills, chores, sometimes the romance just slips away.

But if you were in love with him before, you can be in love with him again (providing nothing major has happened to kill that love). It seems like love should be easy, but the truth is it takes work. You have to nurture & care for your relationship. Make time for each other. You can just let it slip away & leave, but even if you find someone new, there'll be times you have to work at being in love with that person too, only you'll have the baggage of children & an ex.

A priest once told me that falling in love is easy, but as your relationship goes on there are days when you'll get up in the morning & have to make a decision to love.

I've been happily married for 22 yrs, madly in love w/ my husband, but there've been times when I had to make a choice to love him, it's been worth it.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I dunno... if u find out please lemme knwo cause I have been wondering the same thing... but maybe its just my pregnancy horomones
    momma_alie20

Answer by momma_alie20 at 3:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am so with Linda on this
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2010