how to coordinate between kids

hi, ihave 2 daughters 1 is 9 yrs. old & other is 2 yrs. old.I dont know how to make them friends.my younger daughter is very naughty,she always try to hit her elder sister,and most of the time get a slap from her elder sister.all this make the atmosphere very bad b'z i start scoding them both& sometimes slap them .all this result into both my daughters are getting irritated .

ridhima

Asked by ridhima at 2:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• good luck..i have 4 kids..2 boys an 2 girls an they all fight each other daily
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would stop slaps all around. And have punishment for who ever hit has to do what they other says for like 10 minutes or whatever the task is.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It is a phase, my son used to bully his older sister when he was a baby. They are 5 yrs apart, now they are 4 and 10 and they love each other. Just remind the older one that the younger one is too little to understand much. Also give the older one more credit for being a big girl and understanding that way you keep the jealousy and rivalry out. It will pass....hang in there!
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 4:01 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• you will NOT make them be friends, they're 7 years apart! I wasn't friend with my little sister who's 5 years younger them me until i was 18. they're always going to have that separation. They will get over it you just have to be patient, and stop the hitting between them!
    Wrtngfantasymom

Answer by Wrtngfantasymom at 9:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2010