Ways to induce your labor naturely?

momma_alie20

Asked by momma_alie20 at 2:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• go for a lower back massage, and foot massage
    innulik2000

Answer by innulik2000 at 2:52 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Blue Cohosh.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 2:53 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• What is Blue Cohosh?
    momma_alie20

Comment by momma_alie20 (original poster) at 2:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• They say walking helps, it didn't help me though.
    Avon_Girlie

Answer by Avon_Girlie at 3:16 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• all things i have heard but never had to try, lol - walking, sex, bouncing on an excercise ball (also helpful during labor), sit ups, spicy food or any other food that might give u stomach cramps and the runs, lol, labor and cramps are the same, if you are in pain one place it starts giving you muscle pain in other areas as well - know that one from experience and my hubby's a doc. Good Luck and just wait for the right time. Also the massage can be helpful tho getting some one to do it at that late stage is slim, if u know of a friend who can do pressure points on your feet that has been known to work well if they know what they're doing.
    SionedOfSyr

Answer by SionedOfSyr at 3:25 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Iv heard berry teas can help
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:49 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I've had friends try it before - but I can't STAND the taste...Castor Oil. Can be dangerous though, so don't take it too early in a pregnancy. The problem is that you can't just take a couple of spoonfuls, you have to take an entire 4oz bottle along with orange juice or something of the sort. I've had a friend that said as long as she mixes it with the OJ, she can't taste it. Personally, it makes the juice so thick I can't stomach it. But it does give severe cramping & diarrhea, so just be advised that you'll spend a lot of your labor on the toilet. (yuck!)
    Personally, I'd say baby will come when baby wants to come...
    mama_of5

Answer by mama_of5 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2010