how do i get my 2 years old dauther to stop sucking her pase

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You throw it in the trash and don't look back.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 2:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• it will be hard for her to let it go but give her some thing else in extchange for pase she would and let her throw it away she has to let it go and she not ready give her time i know we all want our kids to grow up but rember she is only 2 hopefully she gives is up before her wedding
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 3:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• only give ti to her at bedtime or naptime to give her comfort while sleeping..after while u can slowly stop giving it to her at naptime..then cut it out all together...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 3:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We cut down to only night and nap time at about 12 months and sometime before she was 2 we had her put all her pasi's in a box to mail to her new baby cousin, because pasi's are for babies and she was a big girl. It wen well, she didn't ask about them much after that at all.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:10 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• aw sorry u have this problem, just in case u have any other children here's what i'd recommend, it worked great with all three of mine. Only EVER give a passy for sleeping, at their 1 yr birthday they get no more passy, end of story. At that age they are too young to talk to you about it, they won't remember it, and they don't have a say. You are the adult, you are in control. As for now, I would say drop it down to only sleeping, then after a month take them away completely. You just have to put your foot down, she can't have it if you don't let her, you are the boss because you know what's best and believe me the passy will ruin her mouth if you don't get rid of it soon. Good Luck! :)
    SionedOfSyr

Answer by SionedOfSyr at 3:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i agree with the first poster. throw it in the trash.

kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 6:19 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• A friend of mine use to cut the tip off of the paci of her kids and every few days she would cut a little more off until there wasn't anything left for the kid to suck on and they eventually gave up. I always thought that was a nice trick, but neither of my kids ever took one.
    mom2abby06

Answer by mom2abby06 at 8:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would stop cold turkey or only let her have it at night when she falls asleep.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010