What have you been putting off buying for yourself? And why?

I think, as moms, we tend to ignore ourselves...we don't want to "do" for ourselves. Until I went back to work this week, I had put off buying maternity clothes. I had been squeezing my growing belly into shirts that were too short and sweat pants. I finally broke down and spent the money on a few outfits. Even though I only bought a few things, I still felt guilty for spending the money on myself when I could have spent it on the kids!

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Clothes in general. I mean everything from top to bottom. The only bra I have that remotely fits anymore is falling apart, and I only have one pair of jeans that fit. However, my daughter is going to need more pajamas and winter clothes soon, and she is more important than I am.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Getting my hair done lol I was suppose to make an appointment for tomorrow I still haven't lol
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 6:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Everything, because right now I can't afford anything for me. November (just before the holidays, of course) is out big month, with the property taxes and home insurance both due, at $1500 and $1200.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 7:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• buying more pants for myself. Right now being pregnant, I can only fit into one pair. and shoes. I have sandals, but no closed toed shoes! The reason for not buying these things is cuz, I cant afford it. My husband is a selfish ass, or things spending 26 dollars on gaming points is okay. WTF! he Also has to have smokes, pop, energy drinks, and fast food for lunch. All this adds up to about 60-80 dollars a week. So you probably can see WHY I havent bought the things I NEED! I just realized once again that my husbands an ass. I sure do love him though! I can't wait to start working again. So I can have my own money get the things I need!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• lol...I like both of your answers...I had a big month last night with our life insurances, my car insurance, and my house insurance coming due all at once. And my hair hasn't been cut in months and every morning I look at it as I'm curling to hide how bad I need it fixed thinking "at least get it cut". Egh, the joys of motherhood! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• **last month, not last night
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I really want this game for my Nintendo DS. We have an "entertainment" portion to our budget but I feel as if I don't deserve it because my baby doesn't have any toys. He's not born yet but I still feel guilty for even wanting it.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Bras. I am still wearing nursing bras and am no longer nursing. My old ones don't fit anymore.
    maryhelenk

Answer by maryhelenk at 7:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Bras. I have one bra I wash every other night. Isn't that rediculous!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• New contacts and glasses. I really need them too.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2008