remedy

some recipes against falling hair

innulik2000

Asked by innulik2000 at 3:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i have noticed over the past few months that my hair was falling out while in the shower or brushing my hair, i would find it in the sink - my family dr. sent me to a rheumatoligist for this, he checked me out - saw the small bald spots and thinning hair and sent me to a dermatologist for a hair biopsy - she took a strand of my hair and put it under the microscope -it looked fine-said i didn't need a biopsy-asked if i had had recent surgery-i had gall bladder removed in march-this was in july-she said it is comnon for hair to fall out for at least a year after a major surgery-she recommended an o-t-c supplement for all cases of hair falling out called BIOTIN5000 mcg-i have been taking 1/day for about 8 weeks now and can see the improvement in much less hair fallout - i would highly recommend this supplement to you - it's available in any drugstore and not very expensive at all.....good luck!!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 8:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• That's interesting. I hadn't heard of that before. Will have to look that up.
    crazycappuccino

Answer by crazycappuccino at 9:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Try a daily scalp massage with Renew Intensive Skin Therapy - use Melaleuca Original Shampoo to maintain healthy hair and scalp. - get adequate nutrition including protein. ProFlex20 is and easy and delicious way to add protein to your diet. For supplements - Take the Vitality Pack with Oligofructose Complex as directed ( you can try these vitamins risk free for 90 days - if you are not completely satisfied just return the empty bottles for a full refund!) I hope this helps.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am actually experiencing this same issue!! It seems to only happen when I breast feed. Drink milk it seems to help.
    qustnmrk28

Answer by qustnmrk28 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• well first lets look at why it's falling out. Take a few pieces that have fallen out recently.. can you find the hair bulb on the ends? or is it due to breakage?
    if it's due to breakage your hair is over processed, so try some protein treatments, try to stay away from chemical services of any kind for a few weeks and continue using the protein treatment, I'd say about twice a week at this point.
    if it's not, then you need to see first why it's coming out. If it's between 50-100 pieces of hair, then that's part of the normal stages of hair growth so you really do not need to be concerned, and there isn't anything you can do about it. Don't worry, hair goes through 3 stages and falling out is the telegen phase. It is quickly followed by the anagen phase (where the hair is replaced) so it will grow back.
    continued:
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• being pregnant, nursing, or just having a baby can throw your bodies hormones and nutrients out of wack. Your body is going to first use it's nutrients to support the life of the baby, so it's going to show in your hair, nails and skin when the baby is going more of those protien nutrients than you are. Just be sure to take your vitamins, and this issue should cure itself once you have your body back to itself.

if it's not due to the other issues above, then you'll want to consult your doctor. Especially if you notice it falling out in patches. This could be a form of alopecia. And if caught quickly can sometimes be treated (although not so much with androgenic alopecia).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• tree oil and deep conditioning
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I had c-section, and brestfeeding at the moment, can I still take the above supplements suggested by other moms?
    innulik2000

Comment by innulik2000 (original poster) at 4:09 AM on Sep. 17, 2010