When do you get your quiet time with God on a daily basis?

I have four kids, I'm trying to figure out a good time for quiet time with God. I'd like time to read 10 chapters out of the Bible, work on memory versus, pray, and work on my Bible study.
I know other moms do this. How/when do you do it?

jollymommy

Asked by jollymommy at 4:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Usually in the morning. I like time to myself, enjoy the quiet while it lasts, enjoy a cup of coffee and read a book, too (but not the Bible)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Driving in my car with the radio on 90.7 WAY FM..all the time really I conversate with God like he's sitting with me having a cup o coffee
    aprilmaydawn

Answer by aprilmaydawn at 8:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I get up early so that I can have time in the morning before anyone else is up.

martat

Answer by martat at 8:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Either in the morning after the kids go to school, or at night when they are asleep. I also have a Bible study with a friend once a week.
    phoenix231

Answer by phoenix231 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would have to say ta night.... I used to have it in the mornings but, the way everyone's schedule is I would have to get up at 3am and not happening since most of the time I am up till between 12 and 1 am most nights... trying to get stuff done
    tekabaymom

Answer by tekabaymom at 10:25 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Our schedule constantly changes around here so it's when I have quiet, alone time to myself either in the morning or in the evening.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have my quiet time while I nurse my son in the middle of the night. If you want to read that much of Scripture at a time, you may want to try listening to the Bible. You can get a free download of the NT here:

http://www.faithcomesbyhearing.com/

I also heard of a mom with something like 10 children, who taught her children that when mom had her apron over head that she was spending time with God, and that they had to play quietly until she took the apron off.

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010