Do you take your child to school? do they take the bus? Or walk to school without you?

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 4:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• With 6 kids in school - I have one of everything!!

2 - I drive to school

2 - walk together because the school is close and they are in jr. high

2 - ride the bus together!
    Skavswife

Answer by Skavswife at 11:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I walk the kids to school when it is nice enough, meaning, not raining. It takes aout 15 mins. to walk, and it wakes them up and relaxes them a bit at the same time, so they are ready to sit. There are people that live on the same street as the school, that drive their kids. IT makes me soo mad. Talk about lazy.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• They took the bus.

Answer by Bmat at 4:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We're close enough that they could walk or ride a bike, but I'm on my way to work anyway, so I just drop them off.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:14 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We take our son to school and pick him up each day. He does not go to the school closest to us because his first grade teacher abused him and we had to move him to another school. After dealing with the school system through our attorney and threatening to take it higher they acquiesced and allowed us (they think they allowed)  to transfer him to another school.   By the way, this teacher has a history of abusing students and the school district won't do anything because she is a tenured idiot protected by a union that is bankrupty the State of California.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:33 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I drive my son to school (he's at a magnet middle school downtown near my office). DH drives daughter to school. The bus would have to pick her up when I'm trying to wake her up! It gets us both to work early.
    mellonhead

Answer by mellonhead at 10:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I drive them. It would take them about 1/2 hour to walk on a major street, with not crossing guard. I let the older ones ride their bikes on the path sometimes, but they usually have too much to carry.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My 15 year-old twins, 14 year-old niece, 13 year-old son and 12 year-old son all walk to school together.

I walk my 9 year-old, my 6 year-old and my 4 year-old to their school.

mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 11:57 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My kids ride the bus and walk themselves to and from the bus stop (which is down the street).
    Except for today when my oldest missed the bus because she was screwing around and it came 5 minutes early (the other 2 made it on, though). So we drove her because it was raining and it's a 2 mile walk to the school (and she didn't know the way--she's in 5th grade). We got there with 2 minutes to spare. She was lucky my husband was home this morning otherwise she would have had to walk because I don't have a car.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We leave a half mile from the school they walk on their own. We also live in small town so there aren't really cars or people to worry about. If it snows they call their grandmother who lives a few blocks away to drive them so they don't walk in the cold.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2010