Is it necessary to wear a girdle after pregnancy?

I had a couple of ppl tell me that I should wear a girdle but I didn't w/ my other two pregnancies. However, my stomach is taking longer to get back to it's original state this time and I still look like I'm 3 mos preggers (obvious pooch) at 3 1/2 weeks post partum. I'm thinking maybe I should get one and if I should is it too late assuming I should have starting wearing it as soon as I gave birth.

DaGoodLife

Asked by DaGoodLife at 4:35 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• It's not necessary, but from what I understand it just helps. There are days when I think I wouldn't mind wearing one cause on a bad day I get a pooch and look newly pregnant when I'm not and it's been 3 years since I had my last baby!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 7:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I never did and I don't have a pooch after three babies--but I did have to work to lose the baby weight.
    MamaDee2003

Answer by MamaDee2003 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• treadmill

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If you have Diastasis it would really help not to make it worse to wear some sort of support.
    Tammy M.

Answer by Tammy M. at 5:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2010