Your baby's name

What made you chose your baby's name???

Doreen633

Asked by Doreen633 at 5:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Baby Names

• My hubby made a list of name and I made a list of name. It was the only name on both lists.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:49 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Karia--I was in high school then and was looking through our yearbook. It was the name of one of the seniors graduating and I really liked it.

Gavin--I love Gavin Degraw and it's short and simple.

Kayla--Hebrew orgin and name of an old friend I missed.

Lydia--1st name I heard that I didn't immediately hate. Didn't think about a girl's name, thought I was having a boy.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:30 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My husband and I talked about names early when we were dating - we chose the name we had always "dreamed" of. She has 2 middle names - one that is a family name in both our families, one was chosen by her birthmom (she's adopted)
    muptgirl23

Answer by muptgirl23 at 7:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Just names I liked...Braden Alexander.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Basically it was simple...Just names my husband and I agreed on. The middle names of both our kids ar family names.
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 8:10 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I gave my bf 2 names and he picked Kailey Marie..and my 2nd on i just named her Nevaeh Sky caus ei really like that name
    KayNevLilSweet2

Answer by KayNevLilSweet2 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Peter James - 5th generation Peter and James because my dad died during my pregnancy

Joseph Anthony - my choice

Ella Marie - we've had that name picked out since before we were married (about 8yrs)
    tcmaneen

Answer by tcmaneen at 2:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My husbands name is Antonio Yamil... so we named our son Yamil Antonio..... The name Antonio is in all the boys name, in his family, we had to keep it going, lol
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Samantha because it was a name we like and was not in our family & middle name Lynn was a family name, my mom, to me, to her.

Cody was also a name that was not in our family yet & we loved it & middle name Gene is his dad's middle name.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• we didn't have a name for a girl and didn't know the sex of the baby. we went through thousands of girl names that we just didn't love. my husband looked at our baby girl in the hospital crib and said what about ashlyn which was one of the names we considered. i agreed and it really suits her. almost like god told my husband that is what her name should be. ashlyn rose pratt. i love it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010