Health insurance

Do you have health insurance? If not, how do you get health care?

violetz

Asked by violetz at 5:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

• Yes, we do have health insurance! Can't live without it, especially with the little one
    Doreen633

Answer by Doreen633 at 6:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We have it. Pay for it individually. It is extremely expensive and that is with a $5000 deductible.
    If you have young children and do not get it through work, you might be able to get it from social services. Go into the office. I would say call but I find it to be more effective to go into the office and get my questions answered.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:32 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You can get health care without insurance. You just have to pay yourself. I have been told that you can negotiate the price. I am not sure how affective negotiating will be.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:33 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't have health insurance except catastrophic coverage if I were hospitalized. For outpatient services, I only go if I absolutely need to. And yes, you can definitely negotiate, usually they'll knock off 8-10% if you are paying up front at the time of service (at least at my clinic) and a lot of times, they will work with you. Also, you should be looking over your entire bill for mistakes, they are common - such as listing an item twice.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes my husband pays for health insurance thru his work although I wish his company would look for a better insurance plan that costs less and has better coverage!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We have insurance with a very reasonable co-pay. My husband is retired military, so we have to now pay for the coverage, but it is a reasonable enough premium, but it looks like the premiums may double within a couple of years.

Nebraskaoma

Answer by Nebraskaoma at 11:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We have it through DH's employer. He works for a very small company (7 people) and not everyone is on the plan. His boss pays 75% of the premiums, and we pay 25%.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I do not have heath coverage. My husbands work offers it although it is too expensive for us and would not be worth it to us. If I get sick I am out of luck. I try and use herbal remedies and preventative care as much as I can.I worry about what would happen if one of us became seriously ill. I pray all the time that it doesn't happen until we can get insurance.
    And, I know there are many, many others who do not have insurance also
    violetz

Comment by violetz (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010