Cooking Oil Stains

Any tips on getting them out of clothes?

Doreen633

Asked by Doreen633 at 5:16 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I haven't had much luck, and I've ruined my fair share of shirts...LOL I have a stack of aprons hanging on the door that I use now ;)
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 6:30 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Try lestoil or the hand grease remover mechanics use.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:19 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Dawn dish detergent
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I put detergent directly on it as soon as I can and then launder.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:28 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I use Dawn or spray the stain like crazy with Oxy spray. It comes out eventually.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I use a Spray 'n Wash Max Stain Stick. I lightly wet all soiled areas and grease spots and go over it with the stain stick. Throw it in the hamper for wash later. Clothes can be pretreated up to 7 days before washing. We never go that long though, 2-3 days at the most. I treat the clothes as they are discarded so that all I need to do at laundry time is load the washer, it also seems to work better that way. Stains that are set in are very hard to remove. Although I have seen this. It may help with set in stains.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:27 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Try this: mix a solution of 1 TBS of MelaPower 6x Laundry Detergent and 1 capful of Sol-U-Mel with 2 gallons of warm water. Put the clothing in this solution and let it soak for a few hours. If the grease spots are not dissolved, apply a squirt of Anitbacterial Liquid Soap. Rub it in with your finger. Let this stand for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water. These are natural, very economical products. If you would like more info - please contact me.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You can never go wrong with Greased Lightning. It will even get out permanent hair coloring from cloths. But it at any store
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010