is this ok

i called my doctor cause i was having really bad back pains..she told me to take a warm bath but when i went to take one as i sat down i got a really bad contraction and then i started cramping..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'd definitely call my doctor back...
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 6:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• How far along are you?

Your doctor is a dumbass if you have only 2-4 more weeks to go, because warm/hot water causes contractions. Everybody knows that. Its an easy way of inducing labor ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Maybe she wanted her to go into labor for whatever reason? lol

but i would call my doctor back as well.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i am 38 weeks and 4 days...i am dilated 2cm...but damn my back is killing me..my hubby was rubbing it but it made it feel worse
    Anonymous

• I dont think taking a bath was a good idea i agree with m robertson811...........especially you can have that baby anytime now!!!!! There's been several books I read that mention not taking bath's when your so far along...
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 8:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• That is exactly how my labor started! All day my back was killing me and that night my water broke and by the time I got to the hospital, I was already 8 cm dilated~! I had no idea that the back pain was actually labor!! So def call your Dr. back or go in to be monitored! Good luck :D
    myfamilymylife2

Answer by myfamilymylife2 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• well i went to the hospital and i am still 2 cm and still hurting like hell..they said there is nothing they can do for me...i have to be 4cm til they will give me anything to help the pain..

but i have had this back pain for a week now...
    Anonymous