Is there a war against women?

Do you believe there is a war against women and children
RE: violence?
there is a 120% increase of violence against women and children

violetz

Asked by violetz at 5:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not that I know of but they will be sorry if it heads my way.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:38 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am not sure if I would call it a "war" but there is def. a serious attack against us...I'd really like to get into this, but i soooo need to go to bed... (please keep this post open OP!!)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Where?
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 7:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• An increase in family violence can be directly tied to an increase in poverty and unemployment.

It's a war against the middle class.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:02 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Historically, abuse against women and children rises as the economy falls. I don't think this is a "war," I think it's the state of the economy being reflected in the violence numbers. Violence against women and children below the poverty line is always higher than against those living well above it, more people in the "higher classes" are having significant money issues, it stands to reason that the overall number would be higher.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:37 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• do you have a link?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:10 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes there is a war against women & one of the battles is called abortion. It destroys the mother & the child.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

Answer by ghostwriter777 3 hours ago
    **************************************
    Abortion is a choice a woman makes...it is not a war against her. Nobody is forcing her to get an abortion. Give women a little more credit here----if a woman has a brain,she will decide for or against abortion . It won't be a decision made by anyone else.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The link is Issues with Jane Valez Mitchell on HLN NEWS. I have cable TV and idon't know what channel it would be on in your area. Also, Nancy Grace.
    They both come on on www.cnn.com/hln
    Those shows are geared to showing the violence directed against women & children. Like the case of Joran Van der Sloot who made Natalie Holloway disappear in Aruba and then he murdered a young girl in Peru and is linked to a disappearnace of several young girls in Thailand.
    violetz

Comment by violetz (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't think it's a war against women as much as a symptom of our crippling economic situation. That being said, No man has the right under any circumstances to lash out at a woman and no self respecting woman should stand there and egg him on! If we have made so many strides as women how come so many of us keep picking the wrong guy? Look at the crap on TV...Jerry Springer, Maury Povitch, Real World, Jersey Shore just to name a few...Seriously, when did being foul mouthed and a bully become such a popular "sport"? If there's a war on women, sadly there are quite a few who are willing participants!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010