why am i constanly hungry?

i found out im pregnant which explains why im constanly hungry, like if i dont eat right away i throw up, and i cant smell or eat alot of food compared to my 1st pregnancy it wasnt this bad lol. o well, like right now im eating a banana and i think i might want another 1 and im halfway through it lol.

Snavarro08

Asked by Snavarro08 at 5:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Every pregnancy is different. Like every bith is different. Every child is different.

Answer by louise2 at 5:41 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Haha, well when you are pregnant the food is going to go to the child first, you get the leftovers.. your lucky... the mere sight of food had me throwing up my guts till i was like 5 months!! I don't know how i ever survived!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• That sounds like me. I ate at 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. today. My appetite increased about two weeks ago and I am 14 weeks 3 days. My weight has also increased.
    MentorMel

Answer by MentorMel at 6:16 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I ate everything in sight with my first and never got sick. I loved being pregnant! I threw up for 5 months everyday, all day with my second. I lost 15lbs the first three months. I was volunteering one day, and this lady said, "I know you're on a diet, so I won't offer you any cake." All I could eat was yogurt and applesauce...ugh!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 6:26 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• eat more fiber, sugar makes you feel more hungry fast. Change bread to wholewheat, rice to brown rice etc.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Sounds normal. You need to keep SOMETHING in your stomach. If you get too hungry, it's easy to get nauseous, and you can get light headed. Just be sure to keep eating healthy foods, and keep a snack in your purse.
    You're hungry, because your body is adjusting to growing a whole new person. It takes a lot of work and energy to do that! Hence, you're one hungry mama!! The nausea is related to all the hormones, and your body adjusting to those. It will get better! There will come a time where you can't eat anything, because you have a uterus pushing on your stomach!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010