Daughter has been potty trained for months and months. Except at night. She is still waking in the morning totally soaked. Any thoughts?

weeblette

Asked by weeblette at 6:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have no cue, but I'm in the same boat as you. I've tried EVERYTHING that I know to do to get her staying dry. We went back to pull ups at night. She would wet it at least once a night!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 6:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Now see I have been far to selfish to even take her out of pullups at night. The thought of having to change sheets in the night ( I have issues with my hands) makes me cringe. Maybe if I just took the darn pullup off she might staop. I talked to her about if she is dry in the morning she wouldn't need them but that hasn't worked. I am about to resort to some kind of reward system.
    weeblette

Comment by weeblette (original poster) at 6:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It varies widely how soon children stay dry at night. My own boys were 5 or so and my granddaughter was 7. My brothers and I were 10 or so before we were. Don't put any additional pressure on her. It will come in time. Google it and you'll see some good information. best wishes
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Night training for alot of kids is difficult, some are heavy sleepers and just miss the body cues that they have to go. Some just physically cannot hold it for the duration of the night. Some suggestions is limiting the drinks closer to bed time, make sure less caffenated drinks, have the child go to the potty a few times before going to bed esp the last thing, you can get up in the middle of the night and take them to the potty some actually sleep though, visit your doctor to make sure thier are no medical reasons for the night wetting, dont shame the child as that can make it worse, Most kids will outgrow this by 5 or 6 if not definitly talk with your doctor.
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 6:57 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Thanks for all the comments.

Steveiguana........I forgot to put her age. She almost three so no worries about heading to the doctor (yet). Izzy doesn't have any caffinated products at all and I have a hard time letting little one go all night with out a drink (she actually has a water sippy available to her because she is a mouth breather). But maybe I will start walker her to the potty again before i go to bed. She goes down around and sleeps until about 7-8 the next morning. I will try this out!!! Thanks again for your most valuable information!!!
    weeblette

Comment by weeblette (original poster) at 7:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I've limited what she drank, made her go potty, rewarded her for being dry, but nothing works.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 7:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Maybe keep her from drinking alot after 6pm.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:30 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Try limiting what she drinks about an hour or so before bedtime. Take her to go before she goes to bed and if she goes to bed a few hours before you when you go to bed see if you can gently wake her to see if she has to go and then bring her back to bed. Good luck. I
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Some kids just can't stay dry at night. Have you thought about getting some cloth training pants or diapers? That way if she pees she will feel it, but you won't have to clean up a huge mess.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:27 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 1:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010