Bloody Bellybutton!!

My son is 11 days old and his cord fell off when he was 4 days old. I went to change his diaper this morning and his belly button was all bloody, dried mostly. I have no phone to call the doctors and no vehicle to take him to either the doctors or the hospital. What should I do, and is this anything I should be worrying about?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 7:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just keep it clean and if you notice more, then call the doctor. More than likely, it was irritated by the diaper.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I agree with Jademom07. I would also keep applying triple antibiotic ointment.
    cmorbeauty

Answer by cmorbeauty at 8:34 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You really need to get a phone. You have internet, get a phone. What if something really bad happened? He's 11 days old, you need a phone
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 8:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't apply anything to it as it might irritate it. Make sure you're folding the diaper down so that it will not rub up against it. It's still healing so do not worry too much about it unless it bleeds constantly for a couple of days or so. Our son's did that for a couple of days and it healed up on it's own.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 8:53 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I normally do have a phone i'm just outta minutes and i dont pay for my internet thank you saya! anyways i read up on it using google and its normal, no i shouldnt apply anything to it, i just ned to make sure its not oozing blood, which it isnt its dried, which is great. thank you for all your help:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Sabrena, just wanted to let you know about Magic Jack if you've never heard of it. I have one. It's $40 for the equipment and first year of service, and each year after is $20. You plug into a USB port, and plug a phone into it. Voila! Home phone service!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• just keep it clean it should be fine
    pookersmommy88

Answer by pookersmommy88 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010