Uggh, READ carefully please.

I just asked a question stating "I'm a typical overly nervous mom-to-be, and for some reason I can knock this thought of an incompetent cervix...I had an OB appointment today and I'm 18 weeks and some days with a cervix measuring 3.7cms, should I quit worrying ?! Any advice would be lovely! Thankss! :)"
Apparently [NOT TO BE RUDE!] but the people reading the question didn't get the question...I am not asking what you think about my worrying...I am asking IS it still possible for me to have an incompetent cervix when my cervix is 3.7 at 18 and a half weeks. Please read carefully and help me out! :) Thank you!

*Do not answer if you don't know what I'm talking about.

DirtBikerMomma9

Asked by DirtBikerMomma9 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• a normal cervix is 2cm long, or are you saying you are 3.7cm dilated? sorry just trying to clarify.

Anonymous

• No, my cervical length is 3.7 cm. A normal cervix is 3.4 cms....
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• OK, I said 2cm because that's what I got when I researched it http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_it_mean_when_you_have_a_long_cervix

incompetent cervix has to do with it opening, not length, although a short cervix can open sooner just because of the pressure on it.

If you aren't dilated, I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

Anonymous

• i think you should not worry too much because really the odds of something happening now are very low...usually if something bad was to happen it happens in the first trimester and you are far beyond that! good luck and congrats! just stay stress free and enjoy this pregnancy
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• BTW, I was at 2cm dilated at 20 weeks...delivered healthy baby at 36w2d. :)
    Anonymous

• @ babykins362003

an incompetent cervix happens after the first trimester, it is the cause of premature delivery.
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• ok well then go somewhere else if your not getting the answers you want we are not a doctors office we are just a moms site and everyone has tried to help you to the best of our thinking so go ask someone who knows instead of getting annoyed at people who try to help good lord
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• babykins, what the hell are you talking about? i was letting you know what I was talking about...did you not understand? where do you see me getting annoyed here? [besides now b/c you're getting all defensive over nothing...]
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Im sorry, but i agree with Babykins, everyone has tried helping you.
    Anonymous

• @ Anonymous,
    thanks for your help. i'm reading online. it usually occurs in short cervix's and woman who've had biopsies and leep procedures, but i appreciate your concern. :)
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2008