• In the Spotlight:

baby bath question

Does it matter what time I bathe Gauge? I kindda just do it at random and only every other night. So its not really part of his routine yet. Dunno, just thought I'd ask.

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 7:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to give Ethan his bath sporadically, around 4 months i satarted doing it everynight before bed... i figured it would be the only way i could keep him clean for any length of time:) Now its part of his bed-time routine (hes 11 1/2 months). Once he's out of the bath he knows he has an hour left to play and then its time to hit the hay.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• doesn't really matter :) most mother's just find night time the best because it soothes baby
    Anonymous

• Well you can bathe your child whenever you want too. :)

Bathing was an important part of our daughters schedule since she was born. She loves to play in the water from day 1. :)

I give her a bath every evening before dinner. After dinner she would be too tired for it.
    Well anyway. We go take a bath at around 5.30-6.00 pm. It takes about 30minutes. Then we eat dinner and then she is dead tired :)

Every child i know is getting tired after taking a bath and playing in the water ect. That why i never give her a bath during the day, much less in the morning. :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• They say establish routine...I'll say, I have three kids and honestly it seemed best to bathe before bed time. The warm water calmed and then if they were swaddled with the towel and then jammied, they were more apt to sleep better and cuddle more too :)
    notjustamom380

Answer by notjustamom380 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• ... i never give her a bath durin the day or in the morning unless its neseccary of course :)... like when she puked or whatever.

just wanted to add this info real quick :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• It doesn't matter... When ever is good for you. If it makes bed time easier then do it then if not then when ever you can!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I don't think it matters as long as you have some kind of bedtime routine. If I would have tried to give my daughter a bath before bed, she would have been up clinging to me half the night! lol...she was terrified of it. Just whatever works for you and your baby.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• We give Dawson a bath every night as part of our bedtime routine... we've done this since his cord fell off
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2008