Stressing.... My 15 month old starts day care Monday - I feel so sick to my stomach... Just wish I could be a stay at home Mom

TaylorBuz

Asked by TaylorBuz at 7:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm with you. I hate taking mine to daycare but I have to. It hasn't been so bad though mine kids were always very social and accepting of change for it. My son now loves to go to school to see his friends. I won't lie the first little while was rough for both of us but we adjusted together. Just make sure you have a good school with a great teacher and LOTS of communication. Don't be afraid to speak up or ask questions. You are doing what you have to do now. It may change later. you are still a good parent even if you feel like the daycare sees your kid more than you. I felt like that for a while but I got past it. Keep looking up and working as hard as you can and everything will be fine. You are Mommy your child will love NO ONE like she loves you EVER.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Many women feel the same way. Sometimes there is no choice but to work.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 7:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Almost every child loves to be around other kids, especially at their same age.

But i can imagine how you feel.

Im totally excited about my child going to the daycare soon, but on the other hand its breaking my heart :((

But I know that my daughter will love it. and she will learn things at daycare that i probably couldnt teach her at home... (unless you have uneducated day care teacher lol)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Obviously this is what has to be for now. Please know that your baby can sence your anxiety and you want to make the transition less stressful so maybe establish something sweet for your baby, pictures of you and such. Gosh I am so so sorry for the circumstances that have placed you to have to do this but knowing it is going to happen you have to find ways to get through that 'leaving at the daycare" moment when it comes. Try to think of the good reasons and the good things that can come from being able to provide more financially and such, better times on weekends... I don't know, I am sad for you, I know you can do it though and initially it will be hard but things will settle in, your baby will have fun interacting with others too! (See good thoughts :))
    notjustamom380

Answer by notjustamom380 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Why CAN'T you be a SAHM??
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• The daycare should be able to reassure you that your child is in good hands. Both of my kids loved interacting with other little kids, and were in a loving, nurturing environment.

Hey marlyegirl, some people have to work to provide a nice life for their family. It's not like cuz you're the woman that you automatically 'get' to stay home...
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I know how you feel and I almost had to go back to work myself and I felt the same way. We cut back on stuff so I could stay at home. Now that he is almost 2 1/2, he wants to play with other kids his age, so I'm going to start him in for a couple of hours a day soon. That will give me a chance to work on my photography studio and also my volunteer work. Good Luck and I wish you Peace!!
    ethan0530

Answer by ethan0530 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I know it's hard, but if you keep busy next thing you know it'll be time to see your baby again! And the little one will be fine at day care. The kids always have lots of fun at day care but don't be upset when you leave him the first week and he cries. I promise it doesn't last long after you leave and he really will have lots of fun. I worked at a day care, so I've seen it. You gotta do what you gotta do. Just know he'll be in good hands and learning lots of great thing.
    Anonymous

• It's true, he may learn lots of wonderful things at daycare and have fun interacting with other children, but no one can replace the nurturing of mommy. If you want to be a stay at home mom, you have to make the choice to just be one. You have to find ways in your budget to cut back and sacrifice the things that you really don't need. Your SO can provide a nice life for you and your toddler, and that nice life does not have to include things like new cars, state of the art electronics, and name brand clothes. It can include things like walks in the park, dinner at home as a family, hand crafted gifts, etc. You can do this - you just have to have a serious look at your financial situation and sacrifice where you can.

good luck

jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2008