whats a good cream to use on your belly while pregnant to help prevent stretch marks but also to help with the itching?

my belly seems to be growing quit fast this time around and its really itchy so i ned a good cream that works that will maybe also help prevent stretch marks. Any ideas??

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Thanks for everyones advice. I didnt know stretch marks were hereditary either. My mother had them but my grandmother does not. I didnt get any with my first son so maybe i will get lucky. Once again thanks.

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Palmer's Cocoa Butter. I used it during 2 pregnancies and I have no belly stretch marks.

I didn't know stretch marks were hereditary. My mom and gradmothers have them. My sisters have them too.

Answer by mwebb at 9:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Actually stretch marks are hereditary. My mom and grandma don't have them, so i don't either. There is a cream that they used when they were pregnant that may have prevented them, it's called Mother's Friend. You can order it online, and it may help with the itching also. It is also made in an oil.

Answer by canniece at 8:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• coco butter is awsome for that they also have an oil which feels really good..thats for the itching now for the strech marks if you start to see them or even have them use maderma its like 22 dollars a little pricey for a tube its by the lotions but man does it work, you can barley see mine now its awsome.

Answer by armybug at 8:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• o and I think its only like 6 bucks at wal mart

Answer by tatalalicious at 8:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I like Palmer's tummy butter I used it with all 3 of my pregnancies

Answer by tatalalicious at 8:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Lotion is only going to make yuor skin softer, but you may still get stretch marks. I still used lotion though lol, I'd rather try the lotion. :) Anyway, anything with Cocoa butter is good. I bought the big bottle of lotion at Wal-Mart

The vaseline one with cocoa butter, for some reason I am having a blonde moment and cannot think of the name of the lotion. Lol. It's a big brown bottle though.

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2008