Has anyone used the nuvaring? how do you like it? does it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Health

• I am on it and I love it. I have been on a large variety of BC since I was 14 (not sexually active at that time - got on the pill to regulate my period). Three different types of pills, the Patch, and the Shot, and i did not like any of them. I love my Nuva Ring!!

As far as the first poster saying that it causes cervical cancer...well, everything causes everything nowadays. The Depo Shot causes Osteoporosis, the Pill causes Blood Clots, and they ALL increase your chances of Breast Cancer...*shrug* I'll take my chances.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I thought I just heard a commercial saying that can cause cervical cancer and other problems......Im not saying its true but you may want to look into that.......
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 7:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I've used it and loved it! Before using the Nuvaring I was on the pill and sometimes I would forget to take it and it was just a lot to keep up with. The nuvaring is inserted vaginally and left in for 3 weeks out of the month. It's taken out the week you have your cycle. I have heard some women complain that it 'falls' out of them but in my case this never happened. Good luck! :-)
    tuttiepiemomma

Answer by tuttiepiemomma at 9:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I loved it by far my favorite birth control I have been on.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 10:36 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Oh, and as far as "Does it work"....well, I'm not pregnant yet! lol
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2008