Do you you pack away one seasons clothes before bringing out another seasons?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 8:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• This is what I will be doing soon and heres how I do it-- I will keep the summer stuff on their shelves, bring the fall clothes bins down, sort thru them and weed out what will be kept and what will be donated. Then when the bins are empty I get the summer clothes and sort thru them-- weed out the keep and donate and put the keep stuff in the bins and take them up to the attic.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:16 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have Rubbermaid totes and I pack mine away. With kids it depends on how they are growing and what they have worn out. We now live in Tucson so there isn't that big of change in what you wear year round. It still gets to be 70 in the winter but at night it can be freezing so you need warm clothes too.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I normally do two transfers, because September is unpredictable around here. Yesterday, I put most of my summer clothes away, and took out most of my fall stuff. In another month, I'll complete the transfer.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No...it's too hard to know around here...you have to slowly switch from one to the other. We go from 90+ to 40 and back on any given occasion.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:25 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i never have before - but i'm having a big garage sale this week-end - am getting rid of all summer and winter clothes that no longer fit me - and am going to start doing that this year - right now i am taking up a walk-in closet and 3 other closets in our home - leaving my poor husband with 1 closet in the guest room and whatever space he can get in his linen closet - he keeps all of his shaving tems in the hall bath - i have completely taken over the master bath - and use all the drawers in there - as well as all in our bedroom - im hoping to be able to offer him one more closet - that's not a promise, though - i am planning to box my summer clothes up this year, though - and if i have no other place to put them, i'll put them in the computer room - that's kind of a catch-all place, anyway-oh,i forgot to say i have 1 of those portable things to hang clothes on-that might be where rich's clothes wind up - sand but true...
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 8:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• no..we have plenty of closet/drawer space for everything..plus, i repurchase/donate seasonally, so i really don't keep things from year-to-year unless its an extreme item, like leather boots, or a heavy sweater. if i had to store anything, it'd be the heavy sweaters..but there are just a few of them, since in Arkansas the days i would wear them, are very short lived..like by a few hours. we just don't have the climate for keeping that heavy of clothing items.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• not really. I'll pack away a few things that I know I won't wear and bring out my warmer clothes, but I sort of do it with the seasons little by little.

Except this year. lol. I KNOW there are some clothes that just needed to be packed away because there is NO way this pregnant belly is going to fit into some of those clothes right now.. Obviously I'll have to go through them again after the baby is born, but that's not until December..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Actually, when the season is over, unless I love an outfit I give it to the Thrift Store. Nothing to save. Then I buy what I need for the new season from grarage sales, thrift stores, and Estate sales. Its great. No need to pack away or get moth holes!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 3:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I pack away some of them, but not all. For example, when I put away my "winter clothes" I always leave out a few hooded sweatshirts. When I pack away my summer stuff, I always leave out a few pair of shorts and a tank top or two.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Usually, have plenty of space to put one season away in another closet, but always have somme overlap
    Wilma37

Answer by Wilma37 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2010