How do you cook corn on the cob?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 8:16 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I soak the corn with the husks on in shallow water for about 10 minutes then put it in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes. I've found this to be the easiest way to get the silk off. Then I use a chili lime butter sauce to rub on it!
    karenshell

Answer by karenshell at 2:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You can also roast over an open fire or grill. Soak the corn in the husk for an hour. Then lay on a bed of coals and cook, turning often until husk starts to char. Pull back the husk and enjoy. This is great when your camping or deecide to have a bonfire. It's so good you don't even need butter.
    cyn1218

Answer by cyn1218 at 9:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Husk it. Put it in a large pot. Fill with water to cover and boil for about 8 minutes or so. Serve with butter.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• use large sized pot - fill 3/4 with water - bring to boiling - put corn in - bring to boiling again - let corn in for approximately 3-5 minutes - test to make sure corn is soft - then it's done - you can add a little sale to water if you want ..
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I just discovered how to cook it in the microwave! Husks stay on, rotate once during the cooking time. They taste better and peel so much easier. Like roasting over a fire, you don't even need butter with these (although roasting over the fire does give a smokey taste that I really like, too).
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It's great on the grill! Just clean it, wrap it in some tin foil with butter and salt. It's amazing!
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If i cook it on the grill I soak the ears, husk and all in sugared water for at least an hour, then grill on the grill, If Im making it on the stove, I shuck the ears, sugar the water then boil gently till done, I add salt the last few minutes of cooking to bring out the sweetness.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Pot+water to a boil, add corn turn down heat and simmer. Let heat @10 minutes
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If I cook it then I just boil it I am not sure how long I boil it I just boil it until it looks or smells done and then I drain the water add butter when I serve it to the kids. My DH when he cooks it he cakes butter on it lol, then he wraps it in tin foil and then he puts it on the grill he makes the best corn on the cob lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• in boiling water, cover up partially till its bright yellow
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:21 AM on Sep. 16, 2010