do you like your SO's style? Do you buy his clothes? Do you try to change the way he dreses?

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 8:16 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• NO, he's a big boy, but I'm not afraid to tell him my opinion, but he's a grown man, he can buy his own clothes and dress himself.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:20 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My husband ad I have 2 completely different styles. I don't even bother trying to buy any clothes for him, and he doesn't buy any for me either. I like his style, except he sometimes sags his pants, which I hate! He has gotten alot better about that, though...
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:21 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My husband is not a great dresser. But he's a grown man. I'll compliment him on things that look particularly good, and mention that I don't think something's a good color for him if he's clothes shopping, but beyond that, it's up to him.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i am happy with his style; during the day, he's a mild-mannered professional-tailored slacks, button-down shirts/tie..once he's home in the privacy of his lair, he's laid back-khakis and polos or t's.
    if i could change ANYTHING, i'd change his idea of what size/length pants he thinks he needs. he always seems to have his pants tailored a bit too short, and he thinks he's still a 34-waist. (he's only gone up to a 36..personally, i'd be thrilled if i was only one size bigger than my glory days.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:27 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• He has his own style, I would never try to change it. I buy most of his clothes, in styles that I know he likes.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:32 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• He's 25 and likes to wear jeans and t-shirts ike a high schooler. So I've been buying him polos and he really likes them so I think I'm changing him. He also likes boxers but I once bought him boxerbreifs and he likes those as well. Hopefully he will stick to those.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:49 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My husband is 6'6" so he decided since he will stick out no matter what he wears he is going to enjoy it. His style is very loud shirts and some times very tacky. But he was that way when we started dating at will be that way when he is 109. No point in trying to change it, and on the up side if I am having a bad hair or outfit day who is going to notice it when I am standing next to a giant in a tacky loud flower shirt.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• He's 18.. He gets his own clothes & I LOVE the way he dressesā™„
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Some of his shirts I prefer him not to wear. Just for the fact that either they're old and dingy or they just look horrible on him. He's pretty thin (naturally) and some of his shirts are too big for him, but he wears them anyhow. Which makse him look even thinner. Not good in my opinion. Almost all of his clothes he's had for years and years. His mom used to buy him clothes for Christmas every year and that's where most of them came from. Then I started to pick that up and bought him some clothes last year. So whatever he wears has been bought for him for the most part. Excluding a few shirts.

I usually pick out what he wears if we go out. Not because he can't, not because I don't trust his judgement in his style, but just because if I don't it'll never get done in time. Ha!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i like his style but unfortunately he is getting to old to continue to wear his skater clothes so we go shopping together and we mall over what is more mature and what looks good on him. although i'm not a fashionable person i don't know if i'm helping him or not. at least he still looks good.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2010