What is the max age to trick or treat for your kids?

For little kids its fun
When I see teenagers tho, I don't get as into it, I see them as just wanting the free loot.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 8:27 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't mind seeing teens- it's all about the loot anyway!
    BUT if they are going to go out and trick or treat -they better put some effort into a costume! kids that show up in just a wig or a mask are just lazy!
    For me it's all about the costumes!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• As long as they are in costume I will pass treats out, even for the adults. It's fun.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Wow...my son is 14 and he wants to go and I see no problem with it. He can go forever for all I care. Geeze. I may dress up too.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I put a 13 yr limit on my kids. :)
    cmorbeauty

Answer by cmorbeauty at 8:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We said age 12.

Answer by Bmat at 8:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't care what age they do it to be honest. I trick or treated through my 13th year, but then 14 I didn't go anymore
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I just let our boys decide... When our eldest was 12 he quit on his own. He now goes to friend parties , they stay in, eat junk, listen to music, all adult supervised.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:42 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• In my family, we say 10.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 8:53 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If they want to go, I don't see a problem with it. I've never told someone coming to my door that they can't have any treats - handing out an extra $3 or $4 worth of candy seems worth just having a great night and not sweating the small stuff.

Ahhhhh - I'm so looking forward to the first of the "High Candy Holidays"!!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If they want to dress up until they're 18 and go trick or treating, i'll let them. But my kids won't be just going in a wig and saying they're something to get free candy, they should be able to get their own from the store by that point. they'll put effort into it. and i feel the same if I ever saw a teenager showing up at my house trying to get free candy with no effort, I'd tell them they're nice for taking their younger siblings out, even if there isn't any younger sibling present. lol
    Wrtngfantasymom

Answer by Wrtngfantasymom at 9:08 AM on Sep. 16, 2010