Millions for signs instead of jobs?

The Obama administration @ work for ..you??

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm fine with it for now. At least it reminds us of how our tax dollars are being spent and how our kids will be paying for these signs. IMO, it's negative advertising.

I saw a lot of these signs on my summer vacation and more than half the time there were cones up in the roads and nobody working (on the weekdays I was traveling, not say like on a Sunday). I suppose they are waiting on more stimulus funds to pay the workers to show up now. IDK.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I'm sure it porivded jobs & stimulus for those who work in the sign business.

Business 101--> Those in the sign business didn't even experience long term job growth...  Temp jobs don't stimulate/recover/save an economy. Hence the reason Stimulus/Recovery Plans have done little to recover the nation from the economic downturn.. However, at least with the most recent 800 billion (++ with interest) stimulated lobbyists/special interest/and Democratic campaign dollars~ So at least they have that going for them.. Forget about the American People... ;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• There are several along some dilapidated highways in Jersey. I can't tell what, if any work has been done, because they look the same to me.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• LOL! I will pass about 6 of them today here in Oregon and in California. There is NO work going on where they are placed. There has been NO work going on there since the signs were put up a number of months ago! The only thing they are stimulating is my ANNOYANCE!!!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 8:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

***
    Maybe they should have spent money on SHOVELS, for those "shovel ready" projects (you know the ones that would have been approved BEFORE the stimulus, because that is what "shovel ready" means!!!)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• All the hupla over the infrastructure "stimulus" package when we have all seen the signs for the "your stimulus dollars at work" signs. Did he not know we had already seen all of those signs and knew we are working on infrastructure?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2010