My mom upset me adult content

My mom upset me when she said that a woman should not be able to call out rape on her husband. i told her if you say no it means no! and i don't think any man should be able to force themselves on any woman. Am i wrong?

sherryb1273

Asked by sherryb1273 at 8:56 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• agree with you. Rape is still rape. Marriage doesn't eliminate that
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:57 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No, you are not wrong. even though you are married does not give him rights to do as he pleases with your body. No one has that right.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It used to be there was no rape if you were married. When you were married you give consent to sex. I think you can be raped while married but I don't agree rape is rape. Stranger rape is a very different situation.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:01 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Tell Mom to come out of the dark ages!!! You are not wrong here!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:01 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• So Gailll a quick question? since i was dating a man and he did rape me when i was 16. it was not rape is that what you are saying? or am i misreading what you were saying?
    sherryb1273

Comment by sherryb1273 (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Here is an interesting link. It wasn't until the 1970's (I was a teen) that most states started considering marital rape a crime.

http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32701

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I kind of agree with Gailll but not totally. My question is kind of why are you saying no to the extent that the man rapes you? Violent rape should always be a crime, but if you just say no and he pressures you then as your husband no he should not get in trouble for that. I have never...in ten years said no to my husband, but then again he doesn't ask often :) I have never been in this situation so my opinion could easily be changed.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Getting married was the consent for sex anytime in the past according to the law not dating, but marriage. Now that being said I do not agree with that and neither does the law anymore. Married or not a woman has the right to refuse sex and can file rape charges against her husband. Proving it in court is another story though. But not all rape is the same in the way it makes the woman feel. Stranger rape definitely makes the woman feel differently then acquaintance rape. The act is still the same, but the repercussions are different for the woman.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:15 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I agree with Gail. I think it is rape even if your are married. Both rape by husband and stranger rape have lasting effects but they do affect you differently.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:19 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You are not wrong, is rape.
    Bluejayjan

Answer by Bluejayjan at 9:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010