why "can't" you be a SAHM?

omg I almost peed myself reading someone's response to a question...

I "can't" be a SAHM because my husband doesn't make enough to support us and if I didn't work then we wouldn't have this nice house to live in and cars to drive, groceries on the table. If I didn't work, we would probably have to go on welfare or something, which neither of us would ever want! And honestly, I like working. It gets me out of the house to hang out with grown ups and not watch kid shows all day and play goo goo ga ga and blow this awesome brain I have LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

• Are you actually asking and is that your answer or are you making fun of someone else's answer?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 7:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• ??????????????????? Hm?
    Anonymous

• You can be a SAHM and make extra income. You can consider a home based business that will allow you to have your cake and eat it too. Feel free to visit my profile page and email me if you wish to know more about my business and how you too can get involved and eventually build enough income to quit your day job and come home to make more money and have more time to do all you want to do.

ps. What was the question you almost peed about? email me so i do not miss your response. :)
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I am not sure how to answer this because I am not sure what you are asking. Did you find that reply funny or are you making fun of it?
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 7:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I started my business part-time while I had a full-time job. 3 years later today, I have replaced my full-time income, I am home full-time now and work part-time around my family's schedule. If you want to do it, and truly are open-minded and coachable, you CAN be a SAHM and earn an executive income too.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 8:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I was blessed to stay home and home school my kids----I certainly didn't waste my brain. Your kids are probably better off in day care if all you could find to do all day is watch stupid television shows with them----it was well worth the sacrifice to have three awesome young adults who are close to each other to their parents.

Anonymous

• No, the question is why (if you aren't already) you can't be a stay at home mom! Shouldn't every mom be one? Seriously!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• "Shouldn't every mom be one? Seriously! "

No, not really... some moms don't want to. And that's a valid choice. It's not always CAN'T...
    This is a really judgmental question, and you know it. No wonder you wanted to be anonymous.
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 9:03 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My husband make good money but I went back to work part time and I sell Avon. My kids are all in school full time and I was bored. Some need that extra income and even if they don't not everyone wants to be a SAHM and there is nothig wrong with that.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• there are 9-5 moms wich are stay at home moms then there are 5-9 moms the working moms i am a 5-9 mom and so proud of it my son knows the time i have with him is special and he comes running to me when i go pick him up from day care he also has structure that most sahm do not provide and he get to play with other children and learn sharing.
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 11:33 AM on Oct. 18, 2008