I am fourty-two years old i don;t have sexual feeling anymore is there help out there for women my age

china682

Asked by china682 at 9:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• If you ask your OB they can regulate your hormones. It is very normal to feel that way at your age. Dont be afraid to ask your OB they hear it every day!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• ria7 pretty much said what I was going to tell you. Go see your OB and he will help.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:28 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I'm 43 and I am more into sex now than any time in my life. Most of my friends are the same way & we're all about the same age, so actually it is not common for your age. I think you should speak to your Dr. Are you taking any medications that can cause a drop in your sex drive? Stress can effect it too. There is a reason, you just have to figure it out. Maybe you need blood work and/or a regular physical. It's always a good idea. Good Luck.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I'm 47. I swear I have the sex drive of a 17 year old boy. LOL.I'm a walking horn dog all the time. Some women have a downturn in their sex drive during perimenopause.. I've had a steady upturn in mine. Most every woman I know personally in our age range, is in a sexual upturn not downturn.

My best advice.
    1) find out what the root cause of your downturn is. It could be emotional, physical, mental. It could be because of issues in your relationship. Could be because you aren't getting enough pleasure out of sex in order to desire it more (be that due to the sex itself or other factors). Could be hormones. Could be stress.
    2) Once you figure out the root cause. Deal with it. If it's problems in your relationship, begin working on them. If it's emotiona/mental figure out whys and begin working on it. If it's because the sex isn't pleasurable work on that with your partner.etc. Deal with the issues.
    Good luck!!
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010