Reselling childrens item to a store?

I dropped off clothes and equipment to my local resale store about 3 weeks ago, they offer you cash for you items or store credit in a higher value. The items that they did not want you can donate to salvation army and leave them at the store for teh salvation army driver to pick up. Well I went back into the store yesterday and teh travel swing that I tried to sell then (and they told me was too old of a model to see) was on the shelf for sale! I know it was mine becasue of my initials being on the tag. I did not say anything because I still would like to sell stuff to them in the future, but I kind of feel robbed! They are selling it for 32.00 which means I should have gotten between 14-16 dollars for it. Have you ever had this happen to you...or what do you think I should do?

Mom2Brock

Asked by Mom2Brock at 9:16 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow! That's not right. You should talk to the manager of the store. Act innocent at first like there just must have been a mistake made. If you don't get the money then do what you think is right. I wouldn't leave left overs again. I would donate them myself.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would say something. They can't just deny buying stuff from you just because you asked for what's rightfully yours. Do you have receipts for what they did buy from you (I remember I was given one)? Personally I don't think I'd want to deal with this particular store because they sound like a ripoff to me.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Oh and yeah, take any donations to the SA (or Goodwill or whatever) to them yourself, that way you know it's going where it's supposed to go and not getting resold.
    thatgirl70

• hell yea id say something! How many people have they done this too?! Thats BULL!
    There are always other consignment shops. Why would you want to deal with them again?
    Its a really good thing something like this didnt happen to me, i would have made a major fuss over it, posted it on craigslist, ect.
    Robbed is right! I just hope that store isnt in my town!
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 9:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I haven't had that happen to me but because I have never sold my stuff. But i would say something seriously, they are robbing you blind like they say.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would say something, than I wouldn't do business with them again. That is wrong to do that! I haven't sold anything to any shops like that before. I just list them on Ebay and Criagslist.
    lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010