What are some great slow-cooker meal ideas?

It's the easiest way in the world to prepare a meal and I know of a few ideas myself but would love to hear some more feedback.

HuntersMom25

Asked by HuntersMom25 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Roast with carrots & potatoes, Beef Stew, Chili
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• bbq...just get a pork shoulder and cook on low over night
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You can cook just about anything in the crock. There is a good group on here: Crockpot Moms. They have tons of good recipes.
    miraclebabymine

Answer by miraclebabymine at 9:25 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Beef or pork roasts, roasted chicken, chili, scalloped potatoes & ham, chicken cacciatore, spaghetti sauce, lasagna, pizza soup, taco soup, unstuffed pepper soup, beef & barley stew, butternut squash soup, chicken stew, chicken & rice, Swiss steak, baked beans, pretty much any casserole, stew, or meat & sauce meal. I've also baked cakes in mine, and just yesterday I used it to make yogurt.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My newest one I just found is: 4-5 boneless chicken breasts (frozen), 1 can of black beans, 1 can of corn and 1 jar of salsa. Put all in the crockpot for 6-8 hours. 1 hour before and 1 8oz block fo cream cheese. Serve.

i made this the other night and my whole family LOVED it! They want it as a typical meal.
    NicEnno

Answer by NicEnno at 11:16 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I love to trim a pork roast of fat, then dump it in there with an entire bottle of BBQ sauce. When it gets tender, I shred it up with forks for sandwiches.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:33 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• check out allrecipes.com they have tons of awesome crock pot recipes
    kld1979

Answer by kld1979 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2010