anyone else have this problem?

I drive fairly nice car, nothing too fancy, but looks nice. Except on the inside! It looks like a freakin bomb went off! I clean my car as often as I can. But it seems like it only stays clean a couple of days before its back to looking like a tornado ripped through it. I mean, its not like disgusting, there are not dirty diapers or anything like that. But there are Starbucks cups, toys, sippy cups, random goldfish, tissue, etc. I do not just let it pile up, I try to clean it every time but it seems never ending. Which really bothers me, as I am somewhat of a neatfreak when it comes to my home.

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 9:19 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes this happens to me too. My dh will never understand. He is the ONLY one who ever rides in his truck so it stays nice and super clean.

I drive mine all day hauling kids around and before I know it, its destroyed!!!

I try to get the kids to do a "car " clean sweep. I get a plastic bag and they see who can pick up the most trash to put in the bag....it helps at least...lol.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:22 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No, I'm ticky about the car just like the house. I've never given our son drinks to keep while in the car. I have a drink in case he needs something, but he doesn't want or have one with him always. He has never eaten in the car either. And I keep a small bag in the car for random receipts and what-not so I can take it inside and sort through it at the end of the week. My DH is worse than I am. He details the cars every couple of weeks and he will take anything I have in my middle console out-a pen/jot paper/cloth to clean my glasses/Blistex-gone. lol.
    miraclebabymine

Answer by miraclebabymine at 9:30 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Put a small trash can on the floor of behind the front seats. Put in a trash bag and there's your place for all of your trash. Then on the center seat put a orginizer for toys, books, etc for your child. There are also ones that hang on the back of the passenger/driver's seat. That way you can teach your child to toss the toys into the orginizer when they're done playing or the trip is over. You can also store snacks in there. You can get an open top compartment bag at walmart, or you can buy the ones specifically advertised for orginizing kids stuff in a car. As far as the loose goldfish and what-not .. Well, personally I try not to feed my kids while in the car if I can avoid it. I know there are those times when it is needed though. If you do feed them in the car, then I guess the loose fish are something that'll have to be.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:35 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes. I'm in your boat too so I don't know what to tell you.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 9:37 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Same thing with me. I have no advice.
    dmelyoung

Answer by dmelyoung at 9:41 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i don't bother with the car..i gave up
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• How do you get it to look or stay clean for a couple of days.... I am lucky if it last one entire day :) Guess that is part of transporting kids all the time :)
    tekabaymom

Answer by tekabaymom at 9:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yep. My car looks good on the outside but inside looks nasty. My kids leave their cups and toys in there. It is bad. I clean it then they mess it up.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:19 AM on Sep. 16, 2010