Help! My son is very active and it's very hard for me to clip his finger nails, any suggestions other than waiting until he's good and asleep to get the job done?

HuntersMom25

Asked by HuntersMom25 at 9:23 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe have him read a book with you. Put on his favorite video. Try to make it into a game, by counting his fingers as you cut his nails. Or singing a song about it. If all else fails, you can do what some do and bribe him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:25 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Do you have anyone that can help you hold him while you clip? I had to do that sometimes, get my DH to hold him. Otherwise, you just kind of have to hold him steady with one arm and then clip. Good luck, it does get better eventually. Mine lets me clip him with ease now, but he's 3.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 9:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think they have finger puppets that are supposed to help.

http://www.dailypuppy.com/articles/how-to-clip-a-toddlers-nails-when-they-are-scared/7ab8b7d4-d898-7d47-56b4-86efa0b53775
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• do it when hes sleeping
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I just bite my son's nails while I'm nursing him. I accidentally nipped the tip of his thumb the first time I tried to use the clippers and swore off the things ever since.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 6:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• try to do it when he is calm
    pookersmommy88

Answer by pookersmommy88 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010